Recipe || Mushroom and Goat Cheese Flatbread
Updated: Apr 14, 2020
Mushroom and Goat cheese flatbread
Serving size: 2
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 container of sliced mushrooms (12 oz)
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pinches of salt
- A bit of pepper
- ½ tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or red wine – this step is for acidity).
- 1 log goat cheese (8 oz)
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 pieces of naan bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat large pan over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and let the butter melt. Add the mushrooms to the pan with about 3 pinches of salt. Let mushrooms sauté for at least 5 minutes. If the butter soaks up quickly, add a bit of olive oil. Let the mushrooms sit for a couple of minutes so they are browned on one side. Stir mushrooms around, then add the onions and garlic. Continue to sauté so the mushrooms are browned on both sides and your onions and garlic are cooked. Add thyme and some pepper (to taste) about halfway through.
- When you’re happy with the color of the mushrooms, add the Worcestershire sauce and stir. It will evaporate quickly, but make sure it coats everything. Add the lemon juice (or red wine if that is what you are using) and do the same thing.
- Taste time! Give it all a taste and adjust seasoning if needed. If you’re happy, take it off of the heat.
- Put both pieces of naan bread on a baking sheet. Take a spoon and add globs of the goat cheese all over the bread – add as much or as little as you want! I usually use 3 oz of goat cheese on each piece of bread. Add the mushroom/onions all over each flatbread. Put baking sheet into the oven and cook about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle a bit of olive oil onto each flatbread and a sprinkle of thyme… now dig in!